Robert S. StephenManaging Attorney
Toll Free: 877-663-1007
582 Chestnut St
Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
Mr. Robert S. Stephen is a 1993 Summa Cum Laude graduate of Suffolk Law School in Boston, Massachusetts where he graduated #1 in his class.
He founded Stephen Law Group, PLLC in 2004 after leaving his corporate legal position, law firm associate position and law clerk position. Mr. Stephen’s passion is helping people who were injured get the justice they deserve.
From 1993-1997, Mr. Stephen was a litigation attorney with Bouchard & Mallory, P.A. in Manchester, handling hundreds of personal injury and insurance defense cases in the district and superior courts throughout New Hampshire. Prior to that in 1993, he was a federal law clerk to the Hon. Martin F. Loughlin, United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire in Concord, New Hampshire.
In 1997, Mr. Stephen joined ADP Total Source, a fortune 100 human resource corporation, as Legal Counsel and later became Director of Client Services for the Northeast Region. In this position, Mr. Stephen provided business and employment law services to clients from New Jersey to New Hampshire. In 2004, he founded Stephen Law Group, PLLC in Manchester after being appointed to the New Hampshire Real Estate Commission.
Since 2004, Mr. Stephen has focused on Personal Injury and Car and Auto Accident cases as a Lawyer in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
Mr. Stephen is a lifelong resident of Manchester, New Hampshire, graduating from Trinity High School in 1984. After graduating from Trinity High, Mr. Stephen earned his BS in Business Administration from the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire in 1988.
From there, he went on to Suffolk University Law School where the law faculty awarded him the Most Outstanding Student Award in 1993 when he graduated #1 in his class. In January 2006, Mr. Stephen earned an MBA at Southern New Hampshire University, with a concentration in Human Resource Management.
From 2003-2008, Mr. Stephen served on the NH Real Estate Commission . As the Attorney Member of the Real Estate Commission, Mr. Stephen conducts disciplinary hearings of real estate salespersons and brokers.
Mr. Stephen served the City of Manchester on the Planning Board for close to three years from 2001-2003. Mr. Stephen also serves the State of New Hampshire as Deputy Boxing and Wrestling Commissioner. In 2003, he was named a recipient of the Union Leader's 40 under 40 award, recognizing 40 New Hampshire leaders under the age of 40 who have made New Hampshire a better place to live. Mr. Stephen also served on the Board of Directors of Moore Center Services, Liberty House and Holy Cross Family Learning Center. He presently serves on the Board of Directors of the Palace Theatre in Manchester.
Mr. Stephen's professional certifications include Senior Professional in Human Resources as designated by the Society of Human Resource Management. Mr. Stephen is licensed to practice law in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. Mr. Stephen is published in the Suffolk University Law Review as an author of "How to Manage a Trial in the Face of a Media Circus," Suffolk University Law Review, 1993.
Some of Mr. Stephen's extensive community involvement includes:
- NH Real Estate Commission, Attorney Member, Sept. 2003-present
- A Lawyer in Every School Program where he teaches inner city children at McDonough school on an annual basis
- Numerous hours of Pro Bono legal work
- Serves on Board of the Bobby Stephen Annual St. Patrick Day Event committee to benefit underprivileged children.
- Member of Our Lady of the Cedars Catholic Church Hundred Club
- Manchester Planning Board member 2000-2003
- Volunteer for the United Way, March of Dimes, Hope Center and various other non-profit organizations
- Teaches classes at Southern New Hampshire University for the Society of Human Resource Management program
- Member of New Hampshire Bar Association
- Volunteer Judge in NH mock trial competition for students
- Former South Little League baseball coach 1988-1989; 1993-1994.
- NH Mock Trial Competition Volunteer Judge
- Board Member of the Palace Theatre
- Board Member of the Holy Cross Family Learning Center
Mr. Stephen's hobbies include family, civic involvement, sports and reading. He is married to Joleen, a 4th grade teacher at Smyth Road School in Manchester. They have twin boys named Jack and Drew and a daughter named Carly.
Masters in Business, Southern New Hampshire University, 2006
J.D., Suffolk Law Shool in Boston, 1993
Summa Cum Laude; Ranked #1 in his class
B.S. in Business Administration, Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire, 1988
Trinity High School, 1984
- 2 Million Settlement-Medical Malpractice - Our client tragically lost his life due to medical negligence during surgery
- 1.5 Million Settlement-Medical Malpractice - Our client, 52 years old, lost his life after a bowel perforation was missed due to negligence during hernia surgery
- 1.5. Million-Car Accident - Our client suffered a permanent disability to her shoulder after a motor vehicle accident resulting in significant future lost wages and pain and suffering.
- 1 Million-Workers Compensation - Our client hyperextended his knee at work resulting in a total knee replacment
- $700,000- High Impact Car Accident - Our client's hand was severely injured in a car accident resulting in loss to her occupation.
- $699,000-Pedestrain v. Car - Our elderly client who was walking on a sidewalk was hit by a car driven by a distracted driver. Our client required lengthy rehabilitation surgery.
- $250,000-Pedestrian Storefront Crash - Our client was hit by a car entering a store. The driver had no insurance. We brought a claim against the store for improper design and settled in total for $250,000 which compensated our elderly client fairly for her leg injury.
- $200,000-Workers Compensation - Our client was a union carpenter who fell off of scaffolding at work and broke his foot.
- $85,000-Dog Bite - Our client was bit by a pit bull while camping. His lip was perforated requiring surgery. We settled for $85,000 and our client was very satisfied with the result and justice he received.
- $30,000-Car Accident - Our client had only one trip to the ER and one appointment with his PCP. We were able to get him $30,000 which more than adequately compensated him and got the hospital bills paid.
- $10,000-Rear End Car Accident - Our client was thrilled when we settled her "Soft tissue" accident case with only a few visits to physical therapy. Her medical bills were all paid and she was very happy with the client service and justice he received.
*Handled either solely by Attorney Robert Stephen or as co-counsel
Marcotte v. Timberlane Regional School District, 143 NH 331 (1999); Staffing Network v. Pietropaolo, 145 NH 456 (2000).